6th November 2011
Photoset with 15 notes
Cool Stuff I Saw In the Crowd:
- A guy came in a Joker minion mask. Not in character or anything…just in a mask.
- “Occupy Gotham City” Protester. One of the production assistants took a picture.
Things I Picked Up Stalking Around the Dark Knight Rises Set:
- Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Officer John Blake) were on set on Thursday, shooting interior scenes at Newark City Hall. So ladies, to reiterate, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman were in Newark, and you missed your shot. I’m sorry.
- On Friday, extras dressed as cops and SWAT team members (or cops hired as extras to play such) were the main focus of the scenes shot in front of the crowd after the main actors left. What was shown were cars scrambling around, and cops cramming themselves into the subway. The mood of the cop extras was jovial and lighthearted before shooting, but the next time we saw them, they were wearing orange plastic ponchos and some were covered in dust, all looking fairly sullen. Maybe they were told the seriousness of not leaking anything shot down there. Maybe they were bored.
- Anne Hathaway (Selina Kyle/Catwoman) and Christian Bale (Bruce Wayne/Batman) had shot scenes on the Newark Light Rail subway. That they had to close off a good chunk of it might mean it took place on the Light Rail itself, or along the tracks.
Other Things I’ve Heard/Speculated a Little Bit On [Spoilers Ahead]:
- While shooting scenes elsewhere, Christian Bale, as Bruce Wayne, was hobbling into a party with a cane. Broken leg or broken spine, considering Tom Hardy’s part as Bane, this all very heavily implies that the Knightfall story arc may very well be part of the plot.
- Considering some of the names in the film, and again, the implications of the story arc, it’s very likely that we may see the Batman Family being formed. Catwoman and Alfred are already in there. Maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt (John Blake, a beat cop assigned by the Comissioner to special duty) and Juno Temple (only description offered is a “street-smart Gotham girl”) will have small parts. Or maybe they’ll have some more significant role.